January 17, 2012

Organize It!

Yesterday, the hubby and I tackled cleaning and organizing the garage.  We have many projects we would like to begin this year but the garage was number 1 on the list.  In order to do the other tasks it was a must to get our garage in order!  This six hour task resulted in a few mini organizing tasks for me to tackle this week.  Rather than push it off, I decided I would get it done today as I knew it would probably reorganizing other areas of the house.  And did it ever!  Thankfully the bulk of it is done and it only took me about three and half hours with little breaks to run after my very active Hanna!

Here is a shot of my project at the beginning.



See when the hubby and I got married he had no "keepsakes," "memorabilia"or anything of that nature ... he is not sentimental about material items.  I on the other hand had boxes of belongings, not that were put to use on a daily basis but that I had kept and accumulated over the past 22+ years!  Everything from my baby shoes, first pair of ballet slippers to my last pair of point shoes, five American Girl dolls, high school programs ... the list could go on but I think you get the point.  I have managed to consolidate those original boxes into the above shot.  Oh and the tote on the left is wedding stuff ... NOT getting rid of that!!!

Anyway to make room in the garage we have to move these and so I am going to try to consolidate once again!

 


All you other sentimental readers I am proud to say I only ended up disposing of a handful of items.  But I was able to consolidate down to 1 large tote and 1 medium tote, pictured below.  And I found a new home for them in the small storage area in our basement.



I was able to take the following items and find homes for them elsewhere.


All in all a very productive day for me!  Any projects going on in your home?  Remodels, organizing?  Well off to read to my sweet Hanna!

Have a lovely evening.  See you tomorrow for our first Wordless Wednesday, can't wait!

Psst ... ignore the lovely green carpet ... that will be leaving someday!!!  A post all about it when it happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment